Sunday 27 November 2016

The Captains Pride

Far away from the distant shore
And away from the parry lands
And sons of mind that I might not see no more
For here is where I dwll from now
Over the tossing waves of the lustiest sea
On top of my veal of pride


On deck I stand with a thousand of men
To take words of deeds
And to works heard on their knees
The sailor's make hay when be told
To raise the flag and all the more
To take across the seven seas
And to home once more


Thousands of thoughts come to me
Of those on the land and on sea
For I am commander of sea
And responsibility is what holds for me
To take this toy ashore
And tell my grad boy of tails of foreign land's
That I sailed to and froe


But now its time to tell the men
To paddle toe ores as fast as they can
For the sea charges over us by night
And we might be lost on the ocean floor
That no one will find   




So we sail and works as one
To pass through these tossing waves of sea
And so with a song in our hearts
And a prayer in our lips
And a courage in our bones
We set sail as fast as we can
Over the sea on again


People to meet , places to see
How much fun is this to me
To conquer and capture wealth and fame
And to bright it to my native land
And to built a foundation for me and those that follow
That will stand for ever more


The fortune is used and years have passed
As fast as day followed the night
For now as I sand on the shore
That once gave me fame not so long ago
As I point out to my grand son
The ship I saild and brought ashore
Pride is the only thing that has stayed in me for so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment